Triage by Danny Weiser & Shin Lim ( T & R)

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Triage by Danny Weiser & Shin Lim ( T & R)

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Danny Weiser & Shin Lim
Publisher: Black Label Certified & Murphy's Magic
MSRP: $35
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 54 minutes

Type of effect: torn and instant restorn card

Manufacturer's Write Up: In today's society, everything is fast paced. We must not waste time going from one place to another, and even certain social media outlets have time constraining video lengths. With less than a quarter of a minute for media such as Instagram, how are we supposed to demonstrate the full potential of a long winded, old fashioned, piece by piece TNR restoration?

Danny Weiser, a creative thinker for the modern magician, introduces his take on the TNR. It's swift, magical, and direct. Welcome to Triage. Triage comes with all the necessary parts required to perform this effect with the exception of a glue stick, scotch tape and binder clips. Some assembly required.

How accurate is the ad copy? Take careful note of the words "comes with all the necessary parts... with the exception of.." So it doesn't come with all of the necessary parts. Second, half of the add copy is the video in which the "gimmick" is shot to look flawless - this gimmick is extremely "frankensteined" and so the key word in the ad copy is "instagram" this is a great trick for instagram or youtube - where you can control your lighting and perhaps have a music dub.

What's in the box? Very large box, very small contents. If you get the unassembled gimmick you get 4 torn corners of playing card, elastic thread and the url to a video download.

Key points: the visual transformation is unbelievable, even for the trained eyes of an experienced magician.

How are the production values: Moderate to well, lots of the DVD is spent in putting the gimmick together and or building your own.

Is it well made: The gimmick is made by you (if you buy the cheaper version).

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" The gimmick is a single card.

Does it "play big?" I think it has potential in the right venue.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) It could be done on stage/parlor or in a dark & noisy bar, I would not recommend this for outside day light, or for spectator's that are extremely close to you.

Overall score: 5/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi2MK1I7MTc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/