Chardistry by Daniel Chard & RSVP Presents

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Chardistry by Daniel Chard & RSVP Presents

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Daniel Chard
Publisher: RSVP Magic
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: intermediate - advanced
DVD Run time: 2 hours 9 mins

Type of effect: Card tricks

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Welcome to the brand new DVD 'Chardistry' from the brilliant Daniel Chard. His first release to the magic world was with rsvpmagic under the title 'Chardshark.' This new DVD features 10 stunning routines ranging from very, very easy right through to knuckle busting stuff! Either way, there's something for everyone on this DVD which features live performances and in-depth training that take the DVD to a running time of over 2 hours.

Here's what to expect:

Banter - A commercial comedy opener that can be used at tables, parlor or on stage.

Chard under box - After lots of requests Chard's 4 phase card under box routine fully explained, refined over hundreds of performances.

Homage To Pepe - A suit production with a kicker finish, the finish always generates an amazing response.

Blaze - You visually destroy the deck, all the cards are left in burnt pieces, aside from their selection. Almost self working.

Progressive Revelation - A visual collectors routine, combined with a fusion phase that happens in the spectators hand. Sequential Extension - Multiple selection meets a sandwich effect, a variation of 'Sequential Sandwich' from 'Chardshark'.

Prophecy Transpo - Two selections and the ace of spades. A few visual productions and a surprise finish.

Kickback collectors - Four aces trap three selections, then the three selections visually find the four aces.

Loc-ACE-tion - A visual one at a time ace production.

Dreamweaver - Make all the pips fall off the deck, except for the signed selection. Practically self working!

How accurate is the ad copy? The add copy says there are some "very very easy" tricks, but nothing is "self-working easy." Out of the 10 tricks included I would say that this DVD will be more targeted for someone who knows their way around a deck of cards pretty well.

What's in the box? DVD only

How are the production values: Shot in HG, well microphoned, clear locations, no annoying music in the background

Is it well taught: Daniel goes over everything you need; he spends over 2 hours on 10 tricks! That's about 12 minutes per effect! Daniel also credits previous teachers which is nice.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): Daniel has an interesting style, he's managed to combine flourishes into his routines which I think is a nice touch. His plots are very creative and I think would certainly entertain people. The two "easy" effects, Dreamweaver and Blaze I felt had a more "magical/unexplained" plot while the rest of the effects were more "sleight of hand" based.

Overall score: 9/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFkcvWaA_cQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/