Triage by Danny Weiser

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Triage by Danny Weiser

Unread post by badpete69 »

Did you guys see this... Pretty cool trick

http://murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=55709#
Eoghann

Re: Triage by Danny Weiser

Unread post by Eoghann »

WTFFFFF howw? :lol:

Now that's pretty cool.
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

Obviously there IS sleight of hand to switch the card you tore for the trick card. Notice how the trick always starts with the torn pieces in the same position and you never see the face - I'd bet there are sprung cross bars attached to the face with the end of each bar attached to a corner of the pre-torn card(or memory alloy).

It's cool and must involve some precisions construction - but when there's only one way for it to work...
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

montecarlojoe wrote:Obviously there IS sleight of hand to switch the card you tore for the trick card. Notice how the trick always starts with the torn pieces in the same position and you never see the face - I'd bet there are sprung cross bars attached to the face with the end of each bar attached to a corner of the pre-torn card(or memory alloy).

It's cool and must involve some precisions construction - but when there's only one way for it to work...
Sounds about right, it feels like theres an I frame on the underside of the card, with elastic bands running across the extreme ends of the I frame held down the middle to create the torn effect. Well that being said, its just guess work :? :?
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

Terrible performance demo. Par for the course in magicdom these days.

They never showed the handling after the card was torn into pieces. Did you catch that disgrace of editing? The fellow tears the card into four pieces in a clean enough manner. The 4 pieces are held in 2 hands (2 in each hand) and wiggled around a little. Amazingly they happened to cut to a shot of a word - which is "Watch" - yet all the while they are preventing you from watching it. The next shot then shows what appears to be 4 pieces in a slightly odd configuration. Are they the same "4" pieces? I don't know. I didn't see it. I am guessing not. Going from the 4 loose pieces to this display is completely missing. And that is where all the work happens and that is where most magicians will find that they can't really do this trick.
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

And they make it look so easy. Like it's just a couple of tears and a wiggle.
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

When they leave out the "getting into this position" work, you had better beware.

And certainly you will have to do some sort of switch before handing this out. I also suspect finding a natural motivation for that switch will vex many people.