Unlink by Jordan Victoria and PCTC Productions

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Unlink by Jordan Victoria and PCTC Productions

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Jordon Victoria
Publisher: PCTC Productions
MSRP: $ 35
Skill Level: beginner / intermediate
DVD Run time: 32 min

Type of effect: Card trick / card utility / card prop / sandwich effect / card vanish

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Unlink is not an effect... it's a TOOL for every magician! The Unlink gimmick is very versatile and it's different from what you can find in the market (Twizted by Eric Jones, Shin Lim vanishing card,...). Here you have (for example) a freely selected card that is signed and placed in between two other cards. The signature is VISIBLE until the vanish and then you can make it appear in your back pocket

How accurate is the ad copy?

Accurate, nothing shady here.

What's in the box? Gimmick, DVD and extra material to repair your gimmick

Key points:

- Endless possibilities
- Cards can be SIGNED and visible until the vanish
- Handmade gimmick
- DVD instruction with 7 angles to follow easily the explanations

How are the production values:

Not so good, especially in the age we live in now, where magic videos get better and better. Low lightning plus the camera angle is off and you can see a lot of "flashing" in the teaching.

Is it well taught:

On the DVD there is no live performance, no vocal teaching, and it's all done with subtitles. Of course the magic doesn't suffer from this and you will still learn all that you need to know, just be aware.

Is it well made:

The gimmick is very well made, but it's a gimmick that undergoes a lot of stress, and so I am guessing it will need repair work over time.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?"

This is easily a packet trick and you would probably care it as such, or as the top card in your deck.

Does it "play big?"

If you've seen the performance, then you'd agree this looks like real magic and should get HUGE results.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?)

This takes some set up to get into, but there is some tips on getting into the effect "on the fly" but I think this will work best as a "first" or "last" effect and it does end a little dirty.

How original is this idea?

Jordon admitted he was borrowing an idea from Twizted by Eric Jones - which is a Mark Mason gimmick

Overall score: 8/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTOGHGsJ3CQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/