Gone by Daniel Bryan - Alakazam Magic UK

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Gone by Daniel Bryan - Alakazam Magic UK

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Daniel Bryan
Publisher: Alakazam Magic
MSRP: $ 23
Skill Level: beginner / intermediate
DVD Run time: 32 min

Type of effect: Card Trick / Packet Trick / Vanish / Transformation

Manufacturer's Write Up:

After displaying five random cards from a pack, you visually cause one of them to vanish! You now place the remaining cards in to your spectators hands and explain that you are now going to do the impossible and cause the final 4 cards to vanish, after a moment of concentration you tell the spectator that all the cards are now gone, they are not impressed as they can feel them between their hands however when you turn the cards over all that is remaining on the faces are the letters G.O.N.E!!

Gone is the brainchild of Daniel Brian and comes complete with everything you need to perform this incredible effect. With the custom printed cards supplied you will have the power to create so much magic, right in front of your spectator's eyes.

Multiple handling's and routines.

With GONE You can create 2 incredible moments of magic right in front of your spectator's eyes.

How accurate is the ad copy?

Both the ad copy and the advertisement are straight forward and accurate. There is no shady video editing - what you see, is what you get. Plus, on the magic forums and initial reviews, there seems to be a lot of happy customers who have purchased it.

What's in the box?

Your packet trick of cards made from rider backs (you can purchase red or blue) and a download code for the 32 min video

Key points:

Easy to do

Built in comedy routine

Comes complete with custom made gimmicks

"Gone" ticks all the boxes and is a worthy addition to any magicians pocket.

How are the production values:

This is where the trick "suffers" a little bit for me. Peter Nardi does a brief introduction and teaches at the beginning in front of the Alakazam fireplace for about 4 minutes and then Daniel Bryan teaches you in his living room for the rest of the video. Peter is microphoned and is shot in HD, but Daniel's teaching portion is shot in a living room, using one single tripod camera, no microphone (so it's a little echo-y) and not as well lit.

Is it well made:

The gaff cards are made from standard retail Bicycle 808 stock

Is it well taught:

With a packet trick like this, it's a nice surprise to receive over 30 minutes of video. Plus Daniel gives you several performance ideas with room to add your own flair and more advanced sleights for the more experienced performer.

Peter Nardi adds a nice little bonus idea at the beginning that would work well for table of people - and Daniel adds a bonus comedy routine handling at the end.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked):

I liked the abundance of teaching, lots of great ideas, I also liked the gaff cards themselves, very well made. This is a great packet trick that works well for a group of people or one-on-one.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?"

Absolutely, only the supplied cards are needed,

Does it "play big?"

Several reviewers have seen good reactions from this trick, the two punch effect really feels like you get two tricks for one, so it's certainly elevating the circumstances.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?)

Yes. This trick doesn't require that you wear a jacket or use a black table cloth! Ha ha. All you need is the cards supplied. Can be done in any lighting, inside, outside, upside down.

How original is this idea?

Granted there are other packet tricks that are similar, Gary Freed's NFW comes to mind.

Overall score: 9/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve4wchys5MM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/