Tremble by Magician Anonymous

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Tremble by Magician Anonymous

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Creator: Magician Anonymous
Publisher: Magician Anonymous
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: beginner / intermediate
DVD Run time: 11 minutes

Type of effect: Appearing or changing ink effect

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Technology today is at its peak in amazing feats and is only getting more impressive, so it's hard to sway the average heckler with a simple snap change. When technology can do so many extraordinary things, how do you make people open their eyes in disbelief at something?

All that is about to change, as Tremble will cause your audience members to do a double take in amazement. You will be able to make any prediction, drawing, or ink slowly appear and vibrate on a card with no sleight of hand - as if the ink had a mind of its own. There are no flaps, magnets, angles, or thick cards to worry about. It's a single card that you can then hand out later.

How accurate is the ad copy?

It's just accurate enough to be "technically true." There is sleight of hand involved, especially if you want to hand the card out. Yes, you can hand out a single card... but the gimmick is NOT a single card as the add copy "implies."

What's in the box?

11 minute DVD, 2 gimmicks and materials to make more.

Key points: Very easy to do, highly visual and extremely simple.

How are the production values:

There is one camera angle, several studio presentations, but no live performance. Performer is wearing black gloves and a dinner jacket and the voice over sounds like a tour guide to a Haunted House.

Is it well made: Very well made gimmick. Very sturdy.

Is it well taught:

Lots of ideas are given, but most of the DVD is devoted to constructing the gimmick as each gimmick you make will only have 1 reveal. Lots of ideas and creativity is tossed around, but not a lot of time devoted to patter and presentation.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked):

I liked that it was very imaginative and very out of the box thinking.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" Yes, it can be kept in a card wallet.

How practical is this in the real world? Does it "play big?"

I would not carry it in a card box for performance.

How original is this idea?

The idea of using the utility to make images appear and vibrate is unique, however, the utility itself has been around a while.

Overall score: 8/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=55304" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/