Best Magic Gimmicks/Routines

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
SBurk49
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

Best Magic Gimmicks/Routines

Unread post by SBurk49 »

Ok, I need to stop spending so much money on cards and start spending money on magic. The thing that got me into buying cards. I want to learn some new routines and whatnot and I am especially fond of gimmicks.

That being said....

Give me your top 5 gimmicks or routines. Calling all magicians and wanna-be's alike.

GO!!!!!!!!!!!
"Cards are war, in disguise of a sport."
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Re: Best Magic Gimmicks/Routines

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

I'm sure I don't need to tell you that "best" is subjective. I have bought hundreds of dollars of magic only to turn right back around and sell it. It always looks good in the video.

Here's what I do. Browse Penguin Magic - do searches for the type of magic you like "card magic" and then watch a ton of demos and start "adding to wish list" whatever strikes your fancy. AND THEN - do your homework.

Google search the name of the effect along with the words "Magic Cafe." Magic cafe is a forum (like this) filled with working professionals and chances are they already have a thread about each effect and they will tell you if it's "worth it."

The other thing you can do - is go to youtube and watch video reviews - that's always a good indicator - or watch some teenager perform the effect. What I find is if I watch a "lay person" do the trick - it helps me to see the effect without all of the camera cuts and "fake lighting" and I can see what the trick looks like in the real world.

Here is what I have bought recently:

1. VDECK
2. XBOX
3. I hate David Copperfield
4. Traveling Deck 2.0
5. Boomerang Card
6. McDonalds Aces
7. Beyond ESP3

I have video reviews on my channel for almost all of these.

Stuff on my wish list that I would like to buy:

1. The Poker Test 2.0
2. Any signed card to any spectator's wallet
3. Pocket Bizarre
4. Stealth pen
5. Peek wallet

Hope that helps - BTW, I have LOTS of Books, even more videos and have bought tons of magic in the past - so if you want to buy something just ask - I might have seen it.
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/