Card Tricks

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
walrus

Card Tricks

Unread post by walrus »

I wanted to ask what card tricks do you get the best reaction from. Although reaction is of course based mainly on presentation the cards themselves do, of course, influence both presentation and reaction.

I have had great reactions to "Search and Destroy". When I do perform it I get the audience very involved which is always a big plus. I also have great reactions to anything I have learned of Dani Ortiz (spelling?) but I am a bit choppy with some of his stuff.
Assassino13

Re: Card Tricks

Unread post by Assassino13 »

I get good reactions with Transpositions that take place in the spectator's hands.
My Youtube! "Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end. You, who wish to safeguard the future, however limited it may be. Go forth without falter, with your heart as your guide.
CrankUP

Unread post by CrankUP »

Definitely stuff that asks for audience interaction (i.e, Two Card Monte, a transposition that happens in their hands, etc).

I think that they feel that it's more "impossible" when the magic happens in their hands.
scoopsthehobo

Unread post by scoopsthehobo »

Paul Harris' Las Vegas Leaper -- an excellent effect as everything happens in the spectator's hands with them even counting the cards before anything happens.

Wayne Houchin's Indecent -- when placed well in a routine is great. Leaves an awesome souvenir and is completely examinable.

Shoot Ogawa's Anniversary Salsa -- audience gets to sign two different cards and gives an amazing ending that is also an excellent souvenir.