Magicians and Now You See Me - Movie

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Jamm Pakd Cards
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Magicians and Now You See Me - Movie

Unread post by Jamm Pakd Cards »

Hey Everyone,

I have always been interested in card magic but I am a beginner beginner when it comes to the tricks I know. I recently saw the movie Now You See Me and I thought it was pretty cool. I wanted to get the opinions of some Magicians about the movie.

Do Magicians like the movie? Do you think it represented magic tricks fairly for a movie?

Let me know what you think?

Thanks,
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards
Wild West Decks - Now Live

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JammPakdCards?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Website: http://www.jammpakdcards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kickstarter: Wild West Decks Now Live
montecarlojoe
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Re: Magicians and Now You See Me - Movie

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

It was an ok movie - but there were too many obvious special effects to really be taken in by any of it - and some of the tricks were obviously impossible - to the point that I though that the big twist was going to be that magic was "real".

Having said that - the first 20 minutes where all the main players are street hustling or doing close up cardistry etc seemed pretty legit.
Blake
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

Re: Magicians and Now You See Me - Movie

Unread post by Blake »

It was a fun movie the moves and what not in the first 10 mins where fantastic ( thanks to Dan and Dave on the flourishing). The rest of the movie was fun but it seemed a tad to... National Treasure-esk for me. I would add it to my collection but it is far from my favorite magic movie ( The prestige holds the title at the moment)
The Joker