Invisible

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
walrus

Invisible

Unread post by walrus »

Hey E has a new effect by this name. Anyone pick it up. I spoke to a couple people I know
actually just one and he spoke highly of it. I am going to pick this one up as I am big into IT.
It is touted as a completely new hookup. When I see the trailer I think I could do it but only
by using a stationary item in the hookup. With this I beleive you can be mobile. If I do get it soon
I will speak of it with you.
eschifman

Re: Invisible

Unread post by eschifman »

I have this, if you don't already have it I highly sort-of-recommend buying it. It has its pros and cons.
Pros are pretty obvious. The ring routine is in my opinion what you are buying. It is so unique but dont be to ecstatic when you see that a spectator can take the ring while it is levitating. I don't want to reveal a cheaper way to purchase the product, but if you search around long enough you will find a way to purchase certain items that come in the set you get individually. Although you wont be getting the dvd to this effect, after you have the gimmicks required, you should be able to deduce how he does it from the teaser. Basically you are getting a way to levitate multiple items. Another pro is as you said, it is versatile. You can walk around all day in the device with no problems. You also have freedom to do nearly anything you would do normally (only exception might be jumping, but I doubt you make an effort to jump on a daily basis for no reason.)
Cons are numerous, but not too bad. For one, the finale to the ring routine takes a pro magician to get away with. I am still trying to figure out a good way to do it. The magician has to make sure the spectator avoids touching the thread and that they take the ring perfectly. Even if everything goes well, the spectator WILL feel the tension on the ring and there goes any chance that you were actually levitating the ring with your magical powers. I perform this and remove the ring from the setup myself but very cleanly to avoid suspension. I wish it were easier to have the spectator take the ring because that is 90% of what makes this trick awesome. Another con is that the "flying" coin requires more of your money and a ton of time. It has gotten to the point where I consider "Invisible" the levitating ring effect and nothing more. Finally, this thing breaks often. And when it breaks, it takes a while to fix. You have to dissemble the entire device and fix it which takes roughly 15 minutes to do. Expect to break it 2-3 times before you even practice it on a real person.
All in all, this effect in my opinion is not worth its price for me. Any beginner magician should purchase another utility device such as the hawk before they buy this. If you are a professional magician who dreams of levitating a coin from one hand to another, I suppose $50 isn't such a big set back. This gimmick does have more uses though. It can be used similarly to any other ITR. Basically this TR isn't anything new, you are only purchasing the method behind the routines shown in the teaser.