Magic Review: Quantum Leap by Gavin James

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Magic Review: Quantum Leap by Gavin James

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

​Title: Quantum Leap
Creator: Gavin James
Produced by: Saturn Magic
MSRP: $ 28
Skill Level: All
Video Run time: 33 minutes / bonus handling 3 minutes

Type of effect: Card to impossible location / cards across

Manufacturer's Write Up: The impossible location is a classic in magic - Gavin James has now taken this plot and constructed a deck that allows you to perform the impossible.

You show a deck of 52 cards and hand half the deck to the spectator. They choose a card from your half and it instantly disappears, reappearing in their half of the deck at a specific number!

As an alternative, the card can appear in any impossible location you wish - in an orange, on a window, in your pocket, in the card box - in fact, anywhere you choose.

Best of all, the effect can be instantly repeated with a different card and the spectator can change their mind if they wish and select a different card!

How accurate is the ad copy? This is what happens.

What's in the box? Download code and gimmicked cards

Key points:

It's an easy-to-learn routine
No memory work required -- the deck gives you all the information you need
Self-working, easy options for the total beginner. Requires no special card-handling skills
Instantly repeatable
Available in red or blue Bicycle backs versions
Gimmicks included printed on USPCC stock - use with your own red or blue Bicycle deck
Additional effects with the same deck shown -- it's not just a one-trick deck
No Rough and smooth
No sticky stuff!
No palming

How are the production values: Filmed well, good sound, no annoying background music

Is it well made: standard Bicycle cards

Is it well taught: Taught with multiple options for forcing the card. The cards across routine is very simple and is taught within the first potion of the video. The “card to window” effect (that is seen in the trailer) is actually part of a “multiple out” – but can be done as the actual effect if you are particular about the card you force.

Several other trick ideas are offered with permission including:

21 Again by Gary Jones
Biddle Trick
2 Card Monte
Dr Dailey

My thoughts this a great improvement upon an “old classic” that I think is way more deceptive and puts the trick into a cool context.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" These cards will fit seamlessly into your standard deck

Does it "play big?" Card to impossible location is always a favorite with audiences.

Difficulty / Skill level required: The instructions teach possibilities at all skill levels.

How much arts and crafts are involved? There are a few modifications to make

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Yes this is real world possible

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

___X__ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGbXaunBCac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/