Magic Review: AMAZINK by Sebastien Calbry

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Magic Review: AMAZINK by Sebastien Calbry

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Amazink
Creator: Sebastien Calbry
MSRP: $ 35
Skill Level: all
Video run time: 26 minutes

Type of effect: Flash reveal

Manufacturer's Write Up: The Gimmick for multiple effects!!!
Be creative!

With Amazink, you will have the possibility to make any writing appear and disappear on the back of a card, inserted into a badge holder, simply by waving it!
You will also be able to make revelations and changes (characters, shapes, etc.) based on your own inspiration, as the gimmick is fully customizable.
Finally, you will have the option to create a small token from your badge holder (coin, folded card, etc.) as seen in the video.

Sebastien Calbry creates an actual creative tool with this gimmick, and offers multiple possibilities.

It is possible, using a badge holder, to turn it into an extra support by drawing on it to then combine original effects.

FLASH AND VISUAL, QUICK START, READY TO USE, CUSTOMIZABLE , IMMEDIATE RESET

What's in the box? Badge holder with its lanyard, Trick card, Gimmicks, Business card with link to instructional video

How are the production values: Shot well against a white back drop, no microphone so it is a little echo-y.

Is it well made: It is well made, this is a sturdy prop

Is it well taught: The video is shot in French with English subtitles. The subtitles for me were hard to read, the text dances around the screen from top to bottom and also changes color from black to white to red.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" It is what it looks like, no extras

Does it "play big?" this is a nice reveal that can get a good reaction when paired with the right effect

Difficulty / Skill level required: All skill levels

How much arts and crafts are involved? You will need to “draw” or “write” your own predictions

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Very real world possible

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
__X___ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts Ultimately this feels like his last two effects Offset and Badge came together and had a baby, even at the beginning of the video he admits that this is technically “offset 2” – also I don’t see that wearing a lanyard like that looks “normal” it almost screams “gimmick” unless you were wearing it at a convention where EVERYONE was wearing a lanyard.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t-Y1FHMAik" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/