Magic Review: ESP by the Numbers by John Bannon

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Magic Review: ESP by the Numbers by John Bannon

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: ESP by the Numbers
Creator: John Bannon
Publisher: Big Blind Media
MSRP: $ 25
Skill Level: Beginner
Video Run time: 27:40

Type of effect: Self Working Prediction effect

Manufacturer's Write Up:

You display your ESP ability testing deck to your spectator, explaining that the symbols and random numbers featured on the cards are used to gauge the extrasensory abilities of members of the public.

For the initial test the spectator freely selects five cards from the pack. Despite the hands off, uber clean selection process you clearly demonstrate that you predicted not only which five cards they would select... but in which order too!

So far, so incredible, however that is just phase one. The true moment of astonishment is about to land!!!

You draw attention back to the random numbers printed on each ESP card and ask the spectator to look at the five cards they selected and add their numbers together. The spectator has now created a totally random number. Indeed you clearly show the remaining ESP cards and highlight the fact that had they picked ANY other card, the total would have been different.

Which makes it all the more incredible when you prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you predicted the EXACT number they would arrive at! Utterly impossible - utterly mindblowing.

ESP By The Numbers is totally self-working. No sleight of hand. No gimmicks. No sticky stuff. Just a brain frying piece of magic that you'll want to perform again and again and again!

How accurate is the ad copy? This is everything that happens

What's in the box? Download code, cards, pre-printed prediction and box to carry it all in. + you also get a Matrix reloaded bonus effect using normal cards

Key points: One easy set up (if you can count to 20) and you're set – no sleights.

How are the production values: BBM makes great videos – high quality with plenty of clear instruction.

Is it well made: The cards are high quality with crisp clean graphics and are built to last you a long time.

Is it well taught: The combination of John Bannon and Liam Montier is a powerhouse of easy to follow teaching.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" It’s a packet trick of about 20 cards

Does it "play big?" Mind reading always plays strong.

Difficulty / Skill level required: Super super super easy

How much arts and crafts are involved? None

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) In any situation, although it helps if you have a table

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

___X__ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts to make this stronger and to disguise the method, use your best false shuffle and cuts – and then write your own prediction – don’t use the pre-printed card.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN2EymYVBPw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/