Magic Review: Bare by the Other Brothers & Vanishing Inc

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Magic Review: Bare by the Other Brothers & Vanishing Inc

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Bare
Creator: The Other Brothers
Publisher:
MSRP: $ 35
Skill Level: All
DVD Run time: 35 minutes

Type of effect:

Manufacturer's Write Up: In what is destined to become the go-to trick for professionals around the globe, Bare generates screams, gasps, and reactions like no other trick we know. This special, hand-altered Sharpie marker allows you to cause ANY card, initials, number, or simple shape to appear ON A SPECTATOR'S HAND.

They hold out a hand, palm down, and you gently sprinkle salt, pepper, coffee grinds, or sand on their hand. By rubbing their hand gently, their thought-of shape APPEARS on their own hand.

The Bare Sharpie allows you to invisibly write or draw anything on YOUR hand, which you easily and imperceptibly transfer onto their hand. The best part? It has no scent or stickiness, and can be easily wiped away after the performance. This is a hygienic, "neat" version of the "Ashes on Arm" trick -- it doesn't endanger a spectator's clothing or look "dirty."

How accurate is the ad copy? Wonderfully accurate, they really tell you what this effect is – very clearly.

What's in the box? Gimmick pen and download code

Key points: The pen lasts for hundreds of performances, and is disguised inside a real Sharpie marker. Includes download link for full video performance and explanation. Easy to perform.

How are the production values: It’s chiefly the other brothers sitting in a living room on a couch talking to a stationary camera.

Is it well made: This is made to look like a real sharpie marker.

Is it well taught: the other brothers are fun teachers and I think they always try to give you as much as you can.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" This effect packs the same as a standard sharpie and your “set up” is mostly pre-show work.

Does it "play big?" The ash effect always plays well if done well

Difficulty / Skill level required: Super easy – no sleights or difficult moves. You will need to practice a bit with different substances for the reveal.

How much arts and crafts are involved? You need to be able to write backwards (in mirror image)

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Yes, this is great for strolling and street magic.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

___X__ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts this definitely moves the ashes effect into the 20th century.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVcncrjnDaM
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/