Magic Review: Fortuity by David Jonathan and Alakazam

In here you'll find rabbits in hats and aces up sleeves.
Magic_Orthodoxy
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 1000

Magic Review: Fortuity by David Jonathan and Alakazam

Unread post by Magic_Orthodoxy »

Title: Fortuity
Creator: David Jonathan
Publisher: Alakazam
MSRP: $ 38
Skill Level: All
DVD Run time: 1 hour

Type of effect: Rainbow deck prediction

Manufacturer's Write Up:

From the creative mind of David Jonathan comes Fortuity. An amazing prediction that looks so clean and fair, it will truly blow your spectators' minds!

David has taken the Duel Match premise to incredible new heights with a complete change of method.

By rolling two dice, your spectator generates a random number. You cleanly count to this number from either end of a rainbow deck and remove their chosen back design.

The deck is now completely spread to show that there really is only one card with this unique back design. The dice are rolled again and once again the cards are counted from either end of the deck to arrive at a random value. The deck is completely spread to show absolutely no duplicates are in play.

In essence, your spectator has created a random playing card from these two free selections. You now ask him to open an envelope that has been sitting in view from the very beginning -- inside is a perfect duplicate of the card that has been created.

Your package comes complete with a very special custom deck, two beautiful dice and full video tutorial. Fortuity is so easy to do; even a beginner could do it with only a few minutes of practice.

How accurate is the ad copy? This is exactly what happens

What's in the box? Gaffed rainbow deck, 2 dice, prediction envelope and card reveal

Key points:

No Loaded Dice, any numbers can be rolled (or use imaginary Dice)

All the cards can be shown both front and back

Absolutely Zero Sleight of Hand

How are the production values: Chiefly it’s David Loosley in studio, he is seated, mic’d and presenting everything with a stationary camera (a few close ups) It’s a well shot, well edited video

Is it well made: Alakazam gives you the very best products, however your deck will not look like mine, or the one in the video – each deck and tuck case will be unique.

Is it well taught: The trick is fairly simple and the deck works itself, David goes over everything you need to know.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" This is a “one hit wonder” so you will need to carry a full deck, envelope and dice for this single effect.

Does it "play big?" Can be played as either mentalism or a card trick or humor, so the sky is the limit for your patter and presentation.

Difficulty / Skill level required: super easy, anyone can do it.

How much arts and crafts are involved? zero

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) Yes, this is real world ready.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____ Very Satisfied
__X___ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts: I liked it a lot and I see why a lot of magician's like it, however, it just wasn't "for me" as I already own a few other effects that accomplish the same plot but with different props.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-TlNapP61g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Playing Card & Magic Reviews / https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy
I give away FREE DECKS on INSTAGRAM every month https://www.instagram.com/magicorthodoxy/