Flourishing over 55

Show us how good you are with your hands...

Flourishing over 55

Unread postby scedcard2 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:34 pm  

Hi , Yes i am over 55, I have been flourishing for 3 years , Beats crossword puzzles !!! Granted I dont have the dexterity of a 25 year old , But , Flourishing cards is a great way to build strength in the hands , It is great fun when you get a flourish down with fluency , Syble is a good start , then move to more difficult flourishes , Do Revelusion cuts all day long , Thing is dont grasp the deck like a vise , Relax , Dan Madison and Tobias Levin are a good follow to heed !, Practice , Practice , practice But make it fun , Yes you will drop cards, so do the pro's , All and All the outcome is gratifing , Flourishing cards is the Bomb !!!!!
scedcard2
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Flourishing over 55

Unread postby montecarlojoe » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:16 am  

Welcome to the boards!

Not a flourisher myself - but do appreciate a well performed trick!
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!!"

CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO ADD TO THE UNITED CARDISTS CALENDAR!

See my collection @ Portfolio52
montecarlojoe
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby scedcard2 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:48 am  

Hey ! Thanks ,, I believe that a good flourish is not done 100 miles an hour ,,, The best looking flourish is fluent , and being able to see all the moves as art ,, personabley fallow Dan Madison and Tobias Levin , Very different styles of flourishing , with intense challenges , as it is The sky is the limit !!!
scedcard2
Initiate
Initiate

Unread postby scedcard2 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:24 pm  

Hey Back Again !!! Flourishing over 55 !!! Like any exercise , The hands need a break now and then to recoop !!! Let the strength build !!! Focus on Relaxation !!! How long was Rome built ???
scedcard2
Initiate
Initiate

Unread postby flashcards » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:21 am  

Welcome scedcard2. I'm 57 myself and have been doing cardistry for a year. I'm a big fan of the Virts, both their cards and flourishes. A great group of guys with super attitudes. Yes, it gets frustrating but I find that I do get a little better each time I practice. I'm never going to perform for others so it's all about fun for me. And a good excuse to buy more cards! Great for hand strength and dexterity. Enjoy your time here on the forum. :D
flashcards
Sentinel
Sentinel

Unread postby scedcard2 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:21 am  

I am turning 60 , Whoa ! bad hands , but flourishing is cool , I am a big fan of Daniel Madison , I will stick with him ,
scedcard2
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Cardistry / XCM / Flourishing