Flourishing over 55

Show us how good you are with your hands...
scedcard2

Flourishing over 55

Unread post by scedcard2 »

Hi , Yes i am over 55, I have been flourishing for 3 years , Beats crossword puzzles !!! Granted I dont have the dexterity of a 25 year old , But , Flourishing cards is a great way to build strength in the hands , It is great fun when you get a flourish down with fluency , Syble is a good start , then move to more difficult flourishes , Do Revelusion cuts all day long , Thing is dont grasp the deck like a vise , Relax , Dan Madison and Tobias Levin are a good follow to heed !, Practice , Practice , practice But make it fun , Yes you will drop cards, so do the pro's , All and All the outcome is gratifing , Flourishing cards is the Bomb !!!!!
montecarlojoe
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Re: Flourishing over 55

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

Welcome to the boards!

Not a flourisher myself - but do appreciate a well performed trick!
scedcard2

Hey ! Thanks ,, I believe that a good flourish is not done 100 miles an hour ,,, The best looking flourish is fluent , and being able to see all the moves as art ,, personabley fallow Dan Madison and Tobias Levin , Very different styles of flourishing , with intense challenges , as it is The sky is the limit !!!
scedcard2

Hey Back Again !!! Flourishing over 55 !!! Like any exercise , The hands need a break now and then to recoop !!! Let the strength build !!! Focus on Relaxation !!! How long was Rome built ???
flashcards
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by flashcards »

Welcome scedcard2. I'm 57 myself and have been doing cardistry for a year. I'm a big fan of the Virts, both their cards and flourishes. A great group of guys with super attitudes. Yes, it gets frustrating but I find that I do get a little better each time I practice. I'm never going to perform for others so it's all about fun for me. And a good excuse to buy more cards! Great for hand strength and dexterity. Enjoy your time here on the forum. :D
scedcard2

I am turning 60 , Whoa ! bad hands , but flourishing is cool , I am a big fan of Daniel Madison , I will stick with him ,
MotownMystery
Lurker
Lurker

Unread post by MotownMystery »

Hi. I am in my 50's and just starting for fun. I have small hands and am female. Currently trying to do scissor cut. Any suggestions?