Cardistry

Show us how good you are with your hands...
Ceasar15

Cardistry

Unread post by Ceasar15 »

Hello.I start learning cardistry a couple of weeks ago.I do the sybil cut pretty fluent,i know charlier cut,revolution cut and some noname fancy false cuts,springs,dribbles.What should i learn now?I was thinking about jaspas cut but i dont find any tutorials.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Cardistry

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Hard to say, really. I think with that foundation you can learn pretty much anything at this point, the only difference will be that a harder/more complex flourish will take more time to learn/master. There are tons of them out there, so find one you like and start practicing :)

This might not have any relevance, but personally I never got that into the whole two-handed cut business (beyond sybil, werm, and a few others). I enjoyed learning new shuffles, waterfalls, and one-handed cuts more because it felt more new than just moving 3-4 packets around each other in different ways (no offense to those who enjoy that, I still watch videos of it and have all the respect in the world for those who do it well).
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
reckone1999

Re: Cardistry

Unread post by reckone1999 »

the good thing about being new to cardistry now is that there are so many resources.

i tell any beginner to check out andre jikh's traler for genesis vol 1 not only does it have solid basics, but it also has a lot of good stuff there besides.

dan and dave's trilogy should also be on your list.

and dealersgrip.com has some really dope flourishes

others may wonder why i'd recommend complicated stuff to a beginner, and to them i'd say because that's the way i learned.

i wanted to learn pandora and mockingbird so those were two of major flourishes. i learned to do the anaconda almost when i just started cardistry.

jaspas cut doesn't have a tutorial.

the biggest piece of advice that i could possibly give is what i learned from brian tuodr, he said, "It takes a long time to learn a flourish, so if you're going to spend a lot of time on something you want to make sure that it pays off."