Trying to find a flourish name can you help?

Show us how good you are with your hands...
MrhaxOG

Trying to find a flourish name can you help?

Unread post by MrhaxOG »

What is the name of the flourish on the artifice tundra video released by ellusionist to promote the cards? Heres the clip: http://youtu.be/IdBmW1KXYjE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at 1:00 where he throws the cards in the air and they spread like an anaconda dribble. What is it called ? Thank you !
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Trying to find a flourish name can you help?

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

You know, I'm not quite sure. The closest I can think of is an upside-down spring, which is usually done with both hands, but it might just be a variation of that. Could also be called one-handed spring, I suppose, or one-handed dribble.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Mirror
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by Mirror »

I'm pretty sure it's called "yo!"
MrhaxOG

Unread post by MrhaxOG »

Thanks guys! Both were helpful I did find the flourish and it is called yo oddly enough :)
reckone1999

Unread post by reckone1999 »

i first saw jaspas do it in a video called high risk with daren back in the day.

then i saw andrei do it in a monarch trailer, and then predator deck was on here asking if andrei stole his move.

i've never heard it called by name but i actually thought yo was different.

imagine holding a deck mechanics and it being a new deck the cards are slippery, and you use an upward forward motion like making the cards slide across to the front end of the deck and they start to form a like little bridge of cards and before gravity takes over and makes them fall off the deck you bring the rest of the deck back under those cards. i thought this was yo

when i asked jaspas years ago about the move you showed he didn't name it he just said it's like an upside down anaconda, and gave some quick tips, i still suck at it though, would love a proper tutorial.

if you are sure this is called yo, tell me and why you are sure of that, and who created it, also if you know of a tutorial please let me know, thanks!
MrhaxOG

Unread post by MrhaxOG »

Thanks for posting a reply :) well, it is definitely called yo, and I've searched and searched for tutorials or at least some tips.. by I keep coming up with only two place you can find a tutorial for it. And that's the book sex sells by lee asher, and one other book that it's featrue in and I think it's the one with daren, but it looks so much better in the monarch trailer, so I'm not completely sure if they are indeed the same move but I can't find much about it anywhere, it's interesting how good it I'd but how dead it is, cause no one knows it or uses it. If you ever find out more specific details, then please message me because I would really love to know. :)
reckone1999

Unread post by reckone1999 »

okay dude, first off, i can verify lee asher did publish that move yo in 1998 in sex sells. i dont know what book you are referring to with regards to daren, the only book i remember from daren yeow was a small book for a torn and restored magic trick that was included in huron lows four? or fire in the hole, it was one of them ... long time ago. lol if you remember the name of the book please let me know.

i rewatched the jaspas vid that i mentioned and what's weird is it appears to be yo as well, and i can tell that ellusionist vid you posted is definitely yo.

and here's a link for an updated monarch trailer by andre jikh where in the description it says he does a one hand anaconda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM4mAogckeo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

concept is very similiar to yo, but seems different as the side of the deck seems to lift. you could download the video and slow it down more to see the differences.

but this has been a cool discovery, appreciate you filling in the missing gaps in my old cardist brain.

also andrei beasts that!