Dex Trainer Decks

Show us how good you are with your hands...
shadowkat
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes

Dex Trainer Decks

Unread post by shadowkat »

Another offering of trainer decks. This time with the suit cut out of the middle. Any thoughts on these?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... ef=kardify" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sinjin7
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Dex Trainer Decks

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Personally, I don't think trainer decks would be helpful, but Eric has used them and he said they actually helped. If you're leaning towards using products like these, then I think the Dex trainers look better with the suits cut out of the middle, but its still basically non-functional and purely decorative.

If anyone is going to make trainer decks, I would suggest etching numbers into them so if you're going to practice false cuts, at least this way you'll know you kept your cards/deck in order at least.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Player: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Without having tried one, I share sinjin's sentiment (from the other thread) that going from a trainer deck to a regular deck would be hard because you suddenly have to keep the packets squared up. That said, I do think trainer decks might be good for learning the basic movements of cuts without the "distraction" of dropping cards all the time. Not sure if that (if true) equates to trainer decks speeding up the learning process, but I suppose there's no way of measuring and comparing that.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
shadowkat

Unread post by shadowkat »

Good idea about them being numbered sinjin7. They keep popping up, but I think I will just stick to playing cards. After all, I have a few of those laying around. :lol: