MY TRIP TO AUSTIN

Show us how good you are with your hands...
Eric

MY TRIP TO AUSTIN

Unread post by Eric »

Hey Guys. I haven't been too active here, but I'm trying to change that. Here is a video of me and Jose Portals In Austin TX this past weekend. We did a ton of magic and flourishing and even got free drinks, free rides by people, and free passes to a gamer convention that we didn't even know happened! I hope you guys like the video :)

-Eric

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY9HYJPT-Jw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: MY TRIP TO AUSTIN

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Awesome video, Eric! Sounds like you guys had a blast :)

What are your thoughts on the neon trainer decks? I can't imagine they're worth $25, but I've never tried one.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
shadowkat

Unread post by shadowkat »

Fun video. I am very curious about the Portals deck. I almost backed it, but for $20.oo I bought 3 Ohio Tally-Ho decks instead. I am concerned that for a beginning flourisher they will hinder my learning. Any thoughts on this Eric?
Eric

Unread post by Eric »

first off thanks for watching my video i really did have a shit ton of fun. as for the portals decks, like with all decks, pros and cons. The first time i opened that deck of wicked's were in the sun... OMG they look fuckking gorgeous the way the light hits them is insaine and clearly my favorite one. also, such an attention grabber since people will approach you already knowing not to ask to see a magic trick, the people approaching you are interested in what flourishes you are doing rather than assuming you are a magician. They feel kind of stuck when you first break them into a sybil or something, but it may just be me. Ive used mine for awhile and they scratch up a bit but nothing to hinder you from practicing. overall, I always bring a regular deck of cards with me as well, but if the timing is right and you only want to practice some 6 packet cuts(apparently wine deck has 10), i definitely dont regret my purchase(yes i bought mine before i met up with him) Oh, one last thing... I DID notice that after practcing for like an hour or so with them, then switching to a normal deck, It felt like I was more in control definately. Hope this helps :)

-Eric
shadowkat

Unread post by shadowkat »

Thank you for your reply Eric. The Wicked's are my first choice as well. I will let you know if I get some and what I think! Thanks again.
sinjin7
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Eric wrote: Oh, one last thing... I DID notice that after practcing for like an hour or so with them, then switching to a normal deck, It felt like I was more in control definately. Hope this helps :)

-Eric
Hmm, I would've thought it would've been the opposite. Cards aren't always going to stay together in neat packets all the time, so I thought the blocks would be more like a crutch so when you switch to actual cards, you would feel in less control. Nice to hear from someone who actually has used them. Great video, by the way.