Are there any "small hands" cardistry videos?

Show us how good you are with your hands...
Godzillian

Are there any "small hands" cardistry videos?

Unread post by Godzillian »

As topic states, are there any cardistry videos that features cardists with small hands?

I'm asking because many cuts are difficult to perform because of the scissor cut. All scissor cut tutorials show that the 2 packets are almost at a 180 degree angle to each other. My hands are too small for that, so I have to make do with a butchered 60-90 degree angle. I'm curious as to how small-handed cardists deal with these problems, but a quick search through Youtube didn't yield me any results... or Google for that matter o_o

Also, are there any cardists here who consider themselves to have small hands?
Katsumey
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 40

Re: Are there any "small hands" cardistry videos?

Unread post by Katsumey »

Wuzzup Man :D

I'm one of the people with small hands as well. But i Don't think, small hands are a problem when it comes to cardistry. the important thing which u have to focus on is that u dont have to follow the exact instructions of the guy who teaches you a flourish. Try to follow the blue line of instructions as good as you can and change something about the flourish if u dont feel confident with it. There are many great cardists with small hands out there, e.g Daniel Madison. So try to find your limits and learn the things you can do as good as possible.

good luck with cards
Katsumey ;D
AlixB

Unread post by AlixB »

I probably have the smallest hands in the cardistry/ magic world. Even magicians with small hands feel better when they see mines, although it was an obstacle at first it's now an advantge: I can do great thing even with small hands, it's more impressive.
Don't worry, if you're a guy, your hands will grow up, if not ou can strech your fingers by just training.
I learned the scisor cut the hard way, I would not recommend this way at all, I just placed the pack in the scisor cut and waited a few minutes and let down the packs, it just streches the fingers but it hurts. Just do finger excercises, it's enough or just avoid scisor cuts in flurishes, that's what I do. Good luck mate ;)

Here is an exemple of my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnENPF0 ... c8r6HnztAg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sinjin7
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Welcome to UC, Alix! I always feel better about the growth of cardistry when I see more female artists getting involved. You should post more of your videos here on UC. I look forward to seeing more from you.
SBurk49
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by SBurk49 »

sinjin7 wrote:Welcome to UC, Alix! I always feel better about the growth of cardistry when I see more female artists getting involved. You should post more of your videos here on UC. I look forward to seeing more from you.
I second that motion. Good stuff.
"Cards are war, in disguise of a sport."
nECr0MaNCeD
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 677

Unread post by nECr0MaNCeD »

SBurk49 wrote:
sinjin7 wrote:Welcome to UC, Alix! I always feel better about the growth of cardistry when I see more female artists getting involved. You should post more of your videos here on UC. I look forward to seeing more from you.
I second that motion. Good stuff.

Third for me.

Sorry for the late welcome.

I just watched a bunch of your videos. Very nice indeed! Now I have no excuses!
If it's too loud.... you're too old!
MotownMystery
Lurker
Lurker

Unread post by MotownMystery »

I am just starting out and I too have small hands. I am also female, although I don't think that has anything to do with small hands.
So I am writing because I am finding it hard to do some flourishes and the scissor cut. I'm wondering if it will ever be possible to do the scissor cut? Anyway, just introducing myself and any advice or tricks(as in how to hold the deck when doing tricks) would be appreciated. I just want to learn cardistry and no magic. I did magic when I was younger but now over 50, I just thought the cardisty videos looked so cool and wanted to learn to do that.