poly.mono

Show us how good you are with your hands...
Mirror
Cardist: Yes

poly.mono

Unread post by Mirror »

Looks like this post got lost during the downtime so I thought I'd post it again :)

Blake
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

Re: poly.mono

Unread post by Blake »

Pros -- First that watch is one of my favorites ( I used to work with a watch maker so I have to give credit where it is due)
I enjoyed the use of 2 decks because it made some of the duplicates of moves look a tad different which I had never thought about.
I enjoyed both decks that you used, and the moves in the video where smooth and fun to watch ( props for the pirouette on the watch that was smooth)
some nit pics -- I thought the music kind of took away from the flow of your moves , I am not sure if I liked the transition shots I think in some places they really added and some not so much
Over all-- I enjoyed the video
The Joker
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: poly.mono

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Heh, again we disagree on the music, Blake. I thought it was very fitting since it almost added a beat that the moves were done to, ie it added to the smoothness. Something with a faster beat might have ruined it.

Moves had very nice flow, and perfect speed IMO. People have different styles, of course, but when I see some of the pros who do flourishes at blinding speed I feel like something gets lost. Speed is impressive in itself (Brian Tudor comes to mind lol), but I usually enjoy flourishes at a slower pace as long as there's a flow to them.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki