Clicking Deck :(

Show us how good you are with your hands...
Mc Flourish

Clicking Deck :(

Unread post by Mc Flourish »

i just took out my Rebels to practice flourishes and a little card magic, and the deck is clicking. I haven't used them in a few months and were perfect when I last used them. this isn't the first deck that it has happened to. Is there any way to fix this or prevent it? I have a porper clip but that doesn't help much. Sometimes it causes it some how. Any help is appreciated.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Clicking Deck :(

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Porper usually fixes it for me, though sometimes I have to put in extra cards for it to apply enough pressure (depending on the stock of the deck). Never heard of a Porper causing it though.

As for prevention, it's usually caused by temperature and/or moisture. Ensure that your decks are kept in a room where the temperature stays about the same all the time, preferably on the cold side of room temp. Washing your hands before handling it should prevent sweat from doing any damage as well.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Mc Flourish

Unread post by Mc Flourish »

MagikFingerz wrote:Porper usually fixes it for me, though sometimes I have to put in extra cards for it to apply enough pressure (depending on the stock of the deck). Never heard of a Porper causing it though.

As for prevention, it's usually caused by temperature and/or moisture. Ensure that your decks are kept in a room where the temperature stays about the same all the time, preferably on the cold side of room temp. Washing your hands before handling it should prevent sweat from doing any damage as well.
Thanks dude, I tried your advice and threw in 2 extra cards( total 57) and no more clicks. It had a pretty good bend. I saw on Instagram a clip of a guy fixing it by putting just the cards it in a ziplock bag, then the freezer for 20 minuets. Unfortunately, I forgot about them. 12hrs didnt work...lol. Again thanks.
Blake
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by Blake »

The one other thing that may help as far as prevention goes is a card box such as http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ ... U9mhIQ.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I like them a lot more than clips in my opinion they are better for the cards and last longer too ( I have had mine for over 3 years and the box protects them from everything but it they need to be pressed it also helps with that )
The Joker