New to Flourishing

Show us how good you are with your hands...
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: New to Flourishing

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

OnTheGrind wrote:I like this explanation of the Spring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-GvSSBLVhg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm having difficulty doing fans... both the one handed and two handed. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I think it has to do with the motion the fingers need to do under the deck. I've watched multiple videos but still suck at it. Anyone else having these issues or am i alone? :(
Two-handed fans doesn't need any finger motion from the left hand (assuming you're right handed) under the deck, the right hand does all the work. More specifically, the right thumb does most of the work (assuming you're doing a thumb fan) and the left thumb merely holds the cards in place serving as the pivot point. In a one-handed fan though, you would typically pull with the index finger (around the pivot point of the thumb) and push with the others. You end up with the index finger flexed (ie pulled in towards the palm) and the other fingers extended.

I can imagine there aren't many videos showing this very well due to the angles required and gravity working against the cards in those angles.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki