Deck Stays?

Show us how good you are with your hands...
sqmiller

Deck Stays?

Unread post by sqmiller »

Hi guys, not sure where to post this sort of question but anyway. I found these on cartesmagie.com (question under the pictures)

http://www.cartesmagie.com/fr/accessoir ... 00089.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has anyone tried these? Did you box hold up better or do you have a better way of protecting your tuck cases?
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Deck Stays?

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Haven't tried them, and never had any reason to either. Then again I don't usually carry decks with me.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
sqmiller

Unread post by sqmiller »

MagikFingerz wrote:Haven't tried them, and never had any reason to either. Then again I don't usually carry decks with me.
I see, I used to perform magic tricks at birthday parties and company events. I normally went with whatever I could fit in my pockets, my tuck boxes were always wrecked by the end of the day. At that time I didn't take care of my cards anyway, at parties there's lots of greasy hands :P
montecarlojoe
White Whale: Avant Guard UL Gr - No17 Crown
Decks Owned: 690

Unread post by montecarlojoe »

Would something like a Poper style clip not be better for that. The stays wil help boxes keep shape, but wont protect them from being knoked around in bags / pockets...
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I think these are borderline useless and definitely overpriced (as is typical of D$D). The only minimal utility they may have is to maintain the structural integrity of the tuck box when empty. If the cards are in the tuck box, they stays are of no use and no one will see them anyways. Like montecarlojoe said, a porper style clip will do a better job of protecting the box.
Blake
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by Blake »

Personally I was disappointed that this product even hit the market I mean you could use a clip instead but personally I use a leather card box similar to this http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ ... U9mhIQ.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and my cards never get hurt and always remain in shape so... If I where you I would invest in a deck box instead of deck stays
The Joker