Fanning Powder Discussion

Show us how good you are with your hands...
Coconut

Fanning Powder Discussion

Unread post by Coconut »

Was wondering what are your opinions on fanning powder and whether you use it or not?

What are the methods out there when it comes to applying fanning powder? Which ones are the most effective methods? How much fanning powder do you apply?

I have read on the uc.net about PredatorDeck having a certain method when it comes to applying fanning powder of it being a matter of deck condition. Anyone have more details on that?
scoopsthehobo

Re: Fanning Powder Discussion

Unread post by scoopsthehobo »

The bag method is easiest and uses the least amount of powder. Pour your cards into a plastic/paper bag, add some fanning powder, shake the bag up, and voila all the cards are powdered. The only time you need to individually wipe the cards with a cotton pad is if its a very fragile deck or keeping it in a certain order is critical. Good examples are rare fanning decks that have a specific pattern to them.

You need to remove the excess powder by riffling and slapping the deck whenever you powder the cards. The amount of fanning powder depends on what you're going to be using the deck for. For tons of fanning and armspreads plenty of powder is needed to make those moves work consistently. You can use less just to keep the deck in a nice condition. A deck that has been exposed to fanning powder once, feels a bit better than a deck that never had fanning powder at all on it.

If you're powdering a fairly new deck, it takes a bit of working in for the powder to really take hold. Pressure fans, armspreads, and shuffles help spread the natural oil of your hands onto the cards+powder. So to get a deck in pristine condition for performing, you might have to powder 2-3 times.

What PredatorDeck suggests is a waste of time.
Assassino13

Unread post by Assassino13 »

scoopsthehobo wrote: What PredatorDeck suggests is a waste of time.
Actually it helps me quite a bit...
My Youtube! "Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end. You, who wish to safeguard the future, however limited it may be. Go forth without falter, with your heart as your guide.
scoopsthehobo

Unread post by scoopsthehobo »

Maybe waste of time is a bit too negative.

I do not believe there's an advantage in sitting there faro shuffling the deck and slowly adding powder with each faro shuffle. Only time that would be good, is in a quick fix scenario where you can't use the bag method.
lumpyliew
Collector: Yes

Unread post by lumpyliew »

I know there are many ways of powdering a deck , but can anyone kindly post a video on how to powder them and showing the results after that?
Don't Worry , Be Happy Cheers!
Assassino13

lumpyliew wrote:I know there are many ways of powdering a deck , but can anyone kindly post a video on how to powder them and showing the results after that?
Oops, I forgot about that video! Argh! I'll make it when I get back to my camera. (soon)
My Youtube! "Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end. You, who wish to safeguard the future, however limited it may be. Go forth without falter, with your heart as your guide.
lumpyliew

Haha it's ok ... Make the video whenever you're free :) will be waiting ! :D
Mirror
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by Mirror »

i heard about some issues with powdering black decks ... are there really any problems ?
lumpyliew

Maybe the Black Decks has white spots on them ? I'm not really sure but my Ghost deck still looks good
Assassino13

lumpyliew

Finally ! Thanks Assasino! Thank you!
decksparadise

Unread post by decksparadise »

I don't find adding fanning powder good. For me, its just good to rely on the deck itself. 8-)
Simplicity is beautiful.