The Cafe Cut :: First Look

Show us how good you are with your hands...
LiquidSleight

The Cafe Cut :: First Look

Unread post by LiquidSleight »

Hey guys! I am first and foremost a magician. I'm NOT into Cardistry, nor do I perform fancy flourishes.

HOWEVER, I decided to give it a go just for the heck of it, so here is my attempt at a mock trailer for my new flourish, the "Cafe Cut", which, besides looking flashy and pretty, retains both the top and the bottom stock.

Enjoy, and give me your thoughts as to whether or not it's something you'd like to learn. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4MYivLLzU0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks!

-Eric
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: The Cafe Cut :: First Look

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Well, from a magic performance point of view (ie a magician supplementing his act with flourishes) in my experience the more complex the cuts the more suspicious laymen might get, and there are certainly simpler versions of in-the-hands false cuts. One that I use when performing magic (which is EXTREMELY rare) starts off the exact same way as this, though I can't remember its name or if it even has a name.

From a cardistry pov it seems like a relatively simple two handed cut which would be nice for people transitioning from easy (one-handed cuts) to hard (two-handed cuts like sybils) which in my opinion there aren't really enough of.

Overall it looks like it's a good blend of the simple false cuts that magicians typically use and the complex cuts that cardists perform.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
LiquidSleight

Unread post by LiquidSleight »

Thank you so much for your thoughts. :)
Blake
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 300

Unread post by Blake »

I agree with Tom I think it is a nice move but I would have like to have seen it earlier and less build up video.
The Joker