Made a video

Show us how good you are with your hands...
Artistry

Made a video

Unread post by Artistry »

MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Made a video

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Nice! Nothing bad to say about your moves, that's for sure :)

On the editing, I didn't like the blurring/static cutting into moves, I'd rather that only happened between moves. I enjoyed the music, and I thought the multiple angles were really great. I also felt like the video lacked some sort of finale, but I suspect the song you used didn't have a strong finish. You did have a good progression on the choice of flourishes throughout the video, though.

PS. Bear in mind this is all subjective as I have no personal experience with editing, this is purely speaking from my own enjoyment of the video as a viewer.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Artistry

Unread post by Artistry »

MagikFingerz wrote:Nice! Nothing bad to say about your moves, that's for sure :)

On the editing, I didn't like the blurring/static cutting into moves, I'd rather that only happened between moves. I enjoyed the music, and I thought the multiple angles were really great. I also felt like the video lacked some sort of finale, but I suspect the song you used didn't have a strong finish. You did have a good progression on the choice of flourishes throughout the video, though.

PS. Bear in mind this is all subjective as I have no personal experience with editing, this is purely speaking from my own enjoyment of the video as a viewer.
Got it, I will take a note about video finale. Thanks for feedback ;)
shaitani
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

I second the improper use of effects during your moves, they really made it hard for me to even see your cardistry moves let alone enjoy them.
I also found the occasional random images in between moves to detract from the video (e.g. the brief footage of a crow).

For the most part, don't forget that you shouldn't be trying to make a music video or an short indie film here, you're making a video in which the cardistry is what entertains the viewer. Everything you do in your video should be to ultimately enhance the cardistry. Distractions and distortions are doing the opposite.