Empire Bloodlines review

How well does your favorite deck hold up?
DeckReviews
Collector: Yes

Empire Bloodlines review

Unread post by DeckReviews »

A review for both the green and blue edition of the Empire Bloodlines
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljql9-5dNJE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CBJ
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Re: Empire Bloodlines review

Unread post by CBJ »

clicked the link... 13+ mins review... closed the window.

I'll never watch a 13 min review for a deck.

3 to 5 mins is the best.

Examples:

and a 3rd example...

https://www.facebook.com/17751308564394 ... nail_video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shorter is better.

Jay
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
Eoghann

Unread post by Eoghann »

A 40 second intro! This isn't a TV show I'm afraid. And even TV shows do cold starts because no one wants to sit through an intro unless it's thoroughly enjoyable. I appreciate how deep you get into it but speaking for myself, all I want to know about a deck is if there are custom jokers, aces, courts and backs.

When I watch vjose's videos for instance, I skip right to the opening of the deck and the handling. I get some people want to see an in depth review of the tuck and whatever but I can assure most don't. They just wanna quickly see if a deck is worth buying.

As Jay suggested, shorten the review to at the very least half that and you've got something going on.
Collector

Unread post by Collector »

Just several thoughts, but not instructions.

I can agree about the intro. It will be more suitable for videos devoted to some groups (series) of decks. Each follower will hate the intro after first 100 reviews.

Previously prepared text about decks can help to save some time.

If you don’t know something about a deck, don’t use “I am not sure”. If you have some ideas about such unknown things, better use “I assume”, “I suspect”, “It’s presumably…”, etc.

Make different videos for different categories of followers. Short videos with cardistry elements will be nice for the waste majority of modern collectors. Detailed videos will be nice for other collectors who are more concentrated on substance. But they should tell more about senses and individual details of designs, its meanings. Different names for these categories will be also usable.

Please, omit those endless “I really, really like/love this…”, “This is really, really cool…”. That tires.

The reviewer definitely has quite clear idea of his style. It’s clear that real efforts were invested in the video. Nice music.

Good luck. And remember that despite any thoughts/advices only you know how to become new Woody Allen, Steven Spielberg, Akira Kurosawa, etc.